chroot + bind 9.0.1

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Tue Nov 21 05:37:06 UTC 2000

I'm not exactly sure why this is happening (the chroot() should be happening
long *before* the setuid()!), but since it *is* obviously happening, perhaps
you should reconsider your decision to set the chroot-jail rootdir to 700.
After all, you can probably (depending on what's causing the problem) still
restrict things *underneath* the chroot dir, and regardless, you can
restrict all of the BIND-specific files to be readable/writable only by the
"named" user and lock the password of that user. Are these measures
insuffficient?

- Kevin