Bind 901 - Split DNS using views

David Rees dbr at spoke.nols.com
Sat Nov 18 05:36:16 UTC 2000

On Fri, Nov 17, 2000 at 10:39:33PM +0000, dennis wrote:

> 1. My db.acme file contains data for all the above hosts. Do I have to
> split this
> file and make separate db. files, one containing internal hosts and one
> containing
> external hosts?
>
> 2. Do I have the loopback zone and root cache zone in the right place?

I think you're going to want to define the loopback and rootcache zone in
both the internal/external views.  As it is, people on the internal view
won't be able look up 127.0.0.1 or anything the server isn't primary for.

I don't see any problem with using the same DB file for the same zones in
different views, (ie: It works for me!) but maybe someone knows a better
way of doing it.

-Dave