"ptrmsimatch" compile warnings (8.2.2-P7)

gschmid at notes.cc.sunysb.edu gschmid at notes.cc.sunysb.edu
Thu Nov 16 21:29:19 UTC 2000

Hi,

I got the following warnings while compiling
8.2.2-P7 on DEC UNIX V4.0F.

When I built 8.2.2-P5 on this same machine & O/S
I didn't get these warnings.

The make finished and all the executables were built.
I think.

How severe are these?  Are they truly just "Warnings"
that I can ignore or do I need to fix something and
redo my "make all"?  If so, any hint would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks a lot

------------------------------
cc: Warning: ns_req.c, line 1876: In this statement,
the referenced type of the pointer value "comp_ptrs" is
"pointer to unsigned char", which is not compatible with
"pointer to const unsigned char".
(ptrmismatch)
 ns_name_rollback(buf, comp_ptrs, edp);
------------------------------^
cc: Warning: ns_req.c, line 1876: In this statement,
the referenced type of the pointer value "edp" is
"pointer to unsigned char", which is not compatible with
"pointer to const unsigned char".
(ptrmismatch)
 ns_name_rollback(buf, comp_ptrs, edp);
cc: Warning: ns_req.c, line 2002: In this statement,
the referenced type of the pointer value "dnptrs" is
"pointer to unsigned char", which is not compatible with
"pointer to const unsigned char".
(ptrmismatch)
 ns_name_rollback(save_cp, dnptrs, dnptrs_end);
cc: Warning: ns_req.c, line 2002: In this statement,
the referenced type of the pointer value "dnptrs_end" is