root Internet registry

Kelly Scroggins kelly at cliffhanger.com
Wed Nov 15 07:40:11 UTC 2000

Okay,

I'm new to DNS administration.  So this might
be a really stupid question to some of you, but
here it goes.

I built name servers for my company as part of a
new network architecture plan.  We are now masters
of our domain, and our ISP is slaving to our
master server.

But our ISP's name servers are still registered as
the authoritative serves for our domain.

My company registered some new domain names.  They
want them to "point to" (be an alias for) our
current web server address.

The request was sent to me via email.  It stated
that the new URLs had already been registered.  I
entered them into my primary data base but
nslookup and dig didn't find the new info as I
expected.

I did some digging on my own and found that no name
server has been registered for these domains.

The web site that network solutions directed me to
use for adding name server records for these
domains, .... had this to say about the name
servers being added :

"make sure the name of the name server"

"is currently registered with the root Internet
registry."

How do I "make sure" my name server is "currently
registered with the root Internet registry"?

And if it isn't, how do I do it?

Thanks,
kelly