Separating DNS and DDNS with BIND

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Tue Nov 14 20:44:51 UTC 2000

It must be an IBM extension. I looked at the man page and there's a whole=
 raft
of zone-option extensions (like "dont-notify", "notify-delaytime",
"dump-interval", "timesync", etc.) supposedly recognized by AIX 4.3.3's n=
amed
that don't exist in vanilla BIND. When they add stuff like that, they rea=
lly
should change the BIND version number to reflect the fact that it's been
adulterated.

And why aren't they contributing this code back to ISC? I thought IBM was
supposedly committed to Open Source these days...

- Kevin

Piotrek Kapczuk wrote:

> Hi
>
> Kevin Darcy <kcd at daimlerchrysler.com> wystukal cosik takiego ...
> >
> > "separate-dynamic" isn't a recognized keyword in any ISC-released BIN=
D of