Two domain name in one machine

huiqun liu liuhuiqun at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 10 02:12:54 UTC 2000

Hi, all:

I still have some doubts about the named.boot configure.
This is my original named.boot:
directory /usr/local/dns
primary dns1.com.sg  dns1.hosts
primary 1.1.1.IN-ADDR.ARPA dns1.arpa
primary 0.0.127.IN-ADDR.ARPA db.127.0.0
cache   . db.cache

For my new named.boot that contains another domain:
directory /usr/local/dns
primary dns1.com.sg    dns1.hosts
primary dns2.com.sg    dns2.hosts
primary 1.1.1.IN-ADDR.ARPA ???
primary 0.0.127.IN-ADDR.ARPA ???
cache . db.cache

For the resolve file of the domain and localhost, which domain(dns1 or
dns2) should i use? The original PTR records point to dns1.com.sg, what
to do with the second domain?
Also, in these two resolve file, there has an SOA record which points
to original dns1.com.sg, should i change to dns2.com.sg?

Regards
Huiqun