Reverse DNS Question

Sumit Mehrotra sumit at cs.bu.edu
Fri Nov 10 01:09:58 UTC 2000

This is just an addendum to Craig's Question.

 In the same setup, if such a scenario occurs :

Within your domain ( i.e where you have your DNS running) you can do a dns lookup(forward and reverse) for the web site and it succeeds, BUT, if you do the same lookup from some other domain, using the default server , as the one you designated (as the primary for the website), it fails, with the following error :
(There is firewall acess to this NS, from outside)

*** otherdomain_nameserver.com can't find yahoo.com: No response from server

What could be the possible reason for this?

- Sumit