Multiple domains on one server

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Wed Nov 8 23:51:12 UTC 2000

jjones at ci.lincoln.ne.us wrote:

> I was just looking for some information on how to setup our DNS server
> to handle two domains both for MX records and host lookups.  It is
> currently up and running just fine with one domain, but would like to
> add the second domain.  Thanks.

 Add another "type master" zone definition. Use a different filename for
the master file. In fact, if you expect to be adding more domains in the
future, you might want to establish a naming convention now for your zone
files, to prevent any confusion. Personally, I just use the name of the
zone itself as the master file name, for everything except the root zone.

- Kevin