alot of ixfr.tmp files

Mikael Forsberg mikaelforsberg at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 8 15:29:44 UTC 2000

Hi,

I got a couple of hundred of these files during a weekend when
a zone transfer failed to a slave which tried every 10th minute.
The transfer was completed by ~90% and then terminated.
The DB contained 1 zone with ~8000 records.
I have not been able to find out what caused the problems.
This was with BIND 8.2.2P5 for NT.

I also tried zone transfer with BIND 8.2.3 for NT but it failed
due to not autoritive notify.

The master sets hp->aa=1 in ns_resp.c
sysquery() ...
	hp->aa = (opcode == NS_NOTIFY_OP);

but on the slave side in ns_req.c
req_notify()...
	if (!hp->aa) {
		ns_debug(ns_log_notify, 1,
			 "FORMERR Notify request without AA");
		hp->rcode = ns_r_formerr;
		return (Finish);
	}
is it not.

I think I saw a post abot this a couple of weeks ago too,
but I have not seen any answer.

Regards

Mikael