clients unable to connect

BKerr at syncrasystems.com BKerr at syncrasystems.com
Tue Nov 7 15:52:05 UTC 2000

Fellow Admins,

We currently have an intranet with quite a few servers.  We are running a
master dns server on this 192.168.1 network.  Bind is running fine and will
do resolutions from the server.  However, any client that tries to connect
to the server gets a timeout error.  Looking in the logs I see that it is
listening on 192.168.1 and doing a netstat -a it shows up as listening on
port 53.  I know bind uses tcp or udp and from the client machines I can
telnet to the server on port 53 and it connects.  Why would these clients
not be able to talk to the server?
TIA

Brian A. Kerr
Unix Systems Administrator