TTL value preceeding IN statement in secondary's zone files

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Tue Nov 7 01:05:03 UTC 2000

Leif Utterstrom wrote:

> All the zone files on my secondary nameserver have the TTL value preceeding
> the IN statement for each address. I have BIND 8.2.2 patch 5 installed on
> both nameservers. Why is this happening?

It's happening because named-xfer was programmed to dump the slave replica
files in that format. It was probably the easiest way to program named-xfer's
output routines.As long as named can read what named-xfer writes, why do you
care? Humans usually have no need to read slave replica files.

- Kevin