Internet mail problems...

Michael Coburn Michael.Coburn at mailbits.com
Mon Nov 6 17:50:00 UTC 2000

is reverse set up for your mail server?

-----Original Message-----
From: planet-newscrap at gtei.net [mailto:planet-newscrap at gtei.net]On
Behalf Of Keith Solomon
Sent: Monday, November 06, 2000 11:48 AM
To: comp-protocols-dns-bind at moderators.isc.org
Subject: Internet mail problems...

Hello.  I have run into a problem that I hope someone out there can help me
with.  I recently set up a DNS server for the network here at my office.
The server is running the newest version of BIND on RedHat 6.1.  Everything
seems to be working fine except for mail going to certain domains (aol.com
being one of them).  Whenever we send an email to these domains (which is
almost daily), it gets bounced back with one of the following errors:

(AoL only) 421 SERVICE NOT AVAILABLE, TEMPORARY DNS FAILURE

(451 <keiths at heritageweb.net>...Sender domain must resolve)

I can send my zone file along if it will help...just let me know...