NOT-AUTHORITATIVE

Barry Margolin barmar at genuity.net
Tue May 30 14:45:31 UTC 2000

In article <39325C38.AA0BB899 at yahoo.com>,
Alan Lee  <alanleehc at yahoo.com> wrote:
>Maybe all these is familiar, I just keep getting MelbourneIT telling me
>that my server isn't authoritative, but I have check my DNS reply using
>nslookup from elsewhere to be authoritative.

Both ns.childdreams.com.au and ns1.telstra.net seem fine to me when looking
up the childdreams.com.au domain.  It looks like you've removed the MX
record since posting this, but I don't see anything in the MX record below
that would have caused problems.

Maybe you had some non-printing characters in your file.  Did you edit it
on a PC and transfer it to Unix?  If you don't do the transfer in ASCII
mode, the PC's CRLF sequences will screw you.

Barry Margolin, barmar at genuity.net
Genuity, Burlington, MA