Dynamic DNS info

Ingo T. Storm bind at computerbild.de
Sun May 28 12:28:37 UTC 2000

Hi,

> > I'd suggest you get the "DHCP Handbook" by one of the guys involved in
the
> > DHCP RFCs and Ted Lemon, the ISC-founded author of the ISC DHCPd.

> Is there a resource on the Net that will have that information???

There are patches of documentation all around the place, but each of them
follow a different approach (W2K, BIND/DHCPd2 and perl-scripts,
BIND/DHCPd3).

The only place _I_ found all I wanted was the "DHCP Handbook", 'cause I
needed features that only the ISC DHCPd 3(beta) has.

But I read frequently that the different approach with DHCPd 2 works nicely
AND is documented somehow/somewhere, too.

I'd suggest you get the book AND browse the often mentioned DNS resources
sites to see if the "old way" will suit you.

Good luck,
Ingo