trusted-keys statement

Jim Reid jim at rfc1035.com
Sat May 27 08:46:14 UTC 2000

    Stefan> Hi, I am sorry to mail about this to the list, but somehow
    Stefan> I am not able to write a valid trusted-keys statement.

    Stefan> I tried:

    Stefan> trusted-keys { updater.domain. 513 3 157 BWQUYHkhHinLugX
    Stefan> <snip> };

    Stefan> I also tried to quote the domain name, but it I always get
    Stefan> a syntax error.

Did you put a semi-colon after the base-64 encoding of the key? And
did you enclose the base-64 string in double quotes? Here's an example
of a trusted-keys statement that's syntactically correct.

trusted-keys {
        example.com. 16641 3 3 "ANMOZh0b5QlfBNXuTjVV+wsXwqAn6yhaw7s1mL0qTU/pRWXqom7eYFVdNUGu4jGPWMBOXT6CRY809c1RezLhu9vj4PsF4GRrJHfwbxL/B/jyCu4x8RITdvj9eCrYIF0DWbN4TzUhOFOYSLbw8KwfcwRiFgXDPLDwAcawdLaT7dpuqzvNHXZWsuSvxbGxB0XuKGO1o4JHhBpCAUcARX/9rZ7DGCgqr2NuCqre+ydRNFPt2fgqXZOix3DeGkAFYgySFbNzIrEF8GyunkFSix7XC8JXA1Ou";
};

BTW you should have shown the list *exactly* what you put in
named.conf. Hiding that information serves no purpose other than to
make it hard to guess what you did wrong. And if you were bothered
about disclosing a key - it's public keys that go in trusted-keys
statements anyway - you could have provided a dummy key instead of the
real one.