Refusing queries

pete at raventech.com pete at raventech.com
Fri May 26 14:45:30 UTC 2000

I have a couple companies who have mistyped domain names of a company
they deal with.  Problem, I keep getting bounced mails for users that
don't exist.  Couple solutions: Rewrite the domain in sendmail and let
it go.  The one I went with was to just stop authorizing for the
domain, we dont use it anyway.   By doing so it looks like the servers
will not update their cache due to the non-authorizing.

What is the proper way to refuse queries or get an update to the cache,
so that mail bounces with a non-existant domain.

Thanks,

Pete Grazaitis Jr.  (pete at raventech.com)

P.S. Yes I have let them know of the situation on several occasions.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.