Switching /24's

keith at mail.telestream.com keith at mail.telestream.com
Fri May 26 06:49:33 UTC 2000

I'm gearing up to switch providers and thus two /24's. This poses a few
problems in my mind, mainly the length of time if any should be alotted
for being off line. Fortunately there will be a new DNS server in the new
location and can do all the configuration now before install next week.
	Is there any particular method someone can suggest whereby I can
pretty much just unplug the Cat5 from the current server and into the new
one and have things be up and rolling? With all the new IP's and such I
fear being offline for a time while new IP's for the DNS server spread
around. And fear having to redo all the DNS server info for all the
domains being hosted.

Thanks for any and all comments/suggestions.

Keith

Keith W.

At the helm <for better or worse>