question

datatwirl datatwirl at gis.net
Mon May 8 13:45:34 UTC 2000

tail -f /var/log/messages
tail -f /var/log/named
those two might proviode the answer, or atleast give everyone more data to
operate with
also the operating system type and named version would be helpfull

other than that, try simple tricks like reinstalling named, getting a distro
of named from a different place and then reinstalling it, upgrading
named.....
max