receiving mail

Barry Margolin barmar at genuity.net
Tue May 23 16:49:06 UTC 2000

In article <32871371.959099767496.JavaMail.imail at puffer>,
 <rbramblett at excite.com> wrote:
>I have a question about mail. I don't know if it is sendmail, bind or RedHat
>problem.I am running a Linux RedHat 6.2 server with 2.2.14 kernel, Sendmail
>8.9.3. Until recently I have been hooked up to a ISP via dial up  modem.
>This modem has been on all of the time. It is starting to act flaky. My ISP
>delivers mail to me, unknown what mail system they have. I also have clients
>who I deliver mail to.
>
>My question is this, my supervisor wants me to take the modem out of the
>equation and go to a T-1 line that we already have in-house. How do I go
>about that so that I can still receive my email to the current address
>(anything)@fullerbrush.com. Every time I take the modem out  of the loop I
>can't get mail sent to me at all. I have internet access but not mail. I
>change the DNS to reflect it but don't know how it works for sure.

Change the MX record for fullerbrush.com to point to the name of your mail
server instead of your ISP's mail server.

Actually, it looks like this is already how things are.  The MX record
points to mail.fullerbrush.com, which I assume is your mail server.  I'm
not sure what your problem is.

Barry Margolin, barmar at genuity.net
Genuity, Burlington, MA