NSLint and PTR Record

Barry Margolin barmar at genuity.net
Mon May 22 19:26:40 UTC 2000

In article <MPG.13926447c52279a6989683 at news.telusplanet.net>,
David Cost <dcost at post.com> wrote:
>I'm trying to create a PTR (reverse-lookup) record in zone data for our
>mail server in a Granite Canyon Zone. As their example does not include
>a PTR record, I'm wondering if anyone has done this and had it work
>sucessfully? If so, an example would be much appreciated.

It's no different from any other domain, except that the records you type
in are PTR records rather than A and MX records.

The only difference is how you "register" the reverse domain.  Instead of
going through a registrar like you do for .com domains, you contact the ISP
that assigned the address block to you, and ask them to delegate the
reverse domain to you.

Barry Margolin, barmar at genuity.net
Genuity, Burlington, MA