problem modifying host record

Jun Yang jun.yang at usa.net
Mon May 22 07:43:15 UTC 2000

Hi all,

I run a site, say mysite.org.  My friend's site's primary
DNS points to mysite.org and its IP.  Now that I have
switched my service provider and mysite.org's IP has changed,
mysite.org doesn't map to its old IP address any more.
But Network Solution's registry still has a host record
mapping mysite.org to its old IP.  When I ping mysite.org,
depending on where I am, I can still get its old address.

When I tried to modify the host record, I got "The host name
or IP address listed in your request was previously
registered with Network Solutions. To view the existing
host record, visit our Web site at www.networksolutions.com.
Select Make Changes, then type the host name or IP address
of the host in the text box."  This is what I just did.

Any suggestion on how to fix this?  Thanks!

Jun