question

Grant Rosenthal grantr at pipeline.on.ca
Sun May 21 07:46:32 UTC 2000

running bind 8.2.2p5, WinNT4, sp6a.
 in my event viewer on service startup I see the following two messages:

unix control "%DESTRUN%/ndc" socket failed: Unknown error

ctl_server: socket: Unknown error

When I open a command shell and execute nslookup, I get the follwing error:

*** Can't find server name for address 192.168.1.16: Non-existent domain
*** Default servers are not available
Default Server:  UnKnown
Address:  192.168.1.16

I've been told that "it's obvious that the binaries are compiled wrong" but
since this is the download from Crickets site, and I've been watching for
similar msg's on the list and haven't seen any, I need some help, please.

Thanks
Grant