Network Solutions Misery

Bob Van Cleef vancleef at microunity.com
Fri May 19 18:21:59 UTC 2000

On Fri, 19 May 2000, GeekGrrl wrote:

> Fortunately, we no longer have to rely on Network Solutions.

I forwarded your message to my son, who works for a web page service
provider and spends 90% of his time dealing with domain naming issues.

I found his reaction interesting. <grin>

Note that it is normal for his customers to have ownership of the
domain, so he needs to do a lot of coaching them on how to do
changes and updates...  Most of his time is spent on the phone
with his clients, not with Network Solutions.

Bob
Bob Van Cleef, Member of Technical Staff         (408) 734-8100
MicroUnity Systems Engineering, Inc.         FAX (408) 734-8136
475 Potrero Ave., Sunnyvale, CA 94086   vancleef at microunity.com

Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 11:11:12 -0700
From: [deleted]
To:   [deleted]
Subject: RE: Network Solutions Misery  (fwd)

Bah, if they would rather deal with the rest of the regisrars.. I say
-GOOD LUCK- to them... The rest of them are a real PAIN IN THE ASS to deal
with..  I would rather deal with NSI anyday than have to deal with the
others.  They also have some of the stupidest things going at the newones,
from requests expiring after three days so you have to do it again if they
client does not respond fast enough to no email approval at all so anyone
who has your password can modify your domain (yes it makes my life easier,
but common these days this is far too dangerous) .. and very little or NO
customer support, just via email mostly and on there webpages its near
impossible to even find anything you are looking for.

I crindge everytime I see that the domain is not registered at NSI.