Registry Database

Abraham Ingersoll abe at honestabe.net
Thu May 4 18:41:13 UTC 2000

via ftp://ftp.internic.net/domain/REDAME --

"Effective immediately, Network Solutions will no longer make the .COM,
.NET and .ORG zone files anonymously available via our ftp site at
rs.internic.net.  It has become apparent that these files are being used
by spammers and domain speculators for purposes other than that for which
they were intended.  Network Solutions will make the files available to
any organization that can demonstrate a technical need for the
information. If you are requesting access to the zone files in order to
receive a report of your domain names, please obtain this information
through our report request form at the
If you feel that you need this information you may apply for access
by sending email to hostmaster at internic.net.  The email message should
contain the following information :

- A subject line stating "Zone file access"

- A statement indicating they would like to have access to copies of the
root zone files.  This statement should indicate why they need the data

- Their contact information (NIC handle, name, postal address, phone # and
email address)

- They should also state any organizations that they are affiliated with
so
that we can avoid assigning multiple accounts to one entity

Best Regards,
Network Solutions, Inc."

Abe