Changing Forw Source Addr [0.0.0.0]

Kevin Dabson kevin at dnc-electronics.com
Fri May 19 15:12:09 UTC 2000

Hello,

I am running named 8.2.2 p5 on redhat linux 6.2.

I want to change the forward source address
from [0.0.0.0].1024 to a specific IP address.

I am currently using listen-on statement for
incoming queries but querys are then forwarded to
defaultroute 0.0.0.0 then I have to
add " route add default gw router eth* " to kernel routing tables
to return queries (eth* is same as listen-on device)

I want queries to return directly to listen-on address
without using defaultroute.

Is this possible? Or does named have to use defaultroute to
return queries for software reasons?

Help Appreciatted

KD