Root nameserver Question

Delmer Harris dharris at kcp.com
Fri May 19 14:00:41 UTC 2000

Strange.  Why would your name servers even want a root for class=Hesiod?
Also, how did you get rid of the error message?

"Cinense, Mark" <macinen at sandia.gov> on 05/19/2000 08:46:16 AM

 To:      "'Bind-Users-Group'" <bind-users at isc.org>

 cc:

 Subject: Root nameserver Question

Does anyone know if I have this message in my log does it hurt performance
of the named service.  This came out of my internal nameserver, which is
slave to my external nameservers.

No root nameservers for class HS

It seems that when I got rid of the error messages I found my performance
went back up.

Mark A Cinense