Secondary server on primary

Jason McMullen jasonmc at jersey.net
Thu May 18 16:03:28 UTC 2000

Hi there,

Here's something thats got me thinking.  On our primary namserver, have
another domain setup as a secondary in our named.boot file.  Does bind
actually write a copy of their zone file somewhere?  We listed in the
named.boot file that it would be something like this:

secondary        domain.com        0.0.0.0        secondary/db.domain.com

Now it *should* write a copy of their db file in the /etc/namedb/secondary
directory, but it is not.  Any suggestions?

Thanks

Jason