SERVFAIL problem

Igor Dukhovich idukhovich at ptc.com
Tue May 16 20:19:12 UTC 2000

In article <39219F3A.CF1C051F at ptc.com>,
Igor Dukhovich  <idukhovich at ptc.com> wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>I tried to resolve  www.mtnamerica.org. It works from some of my dns
>servers and does not from others that running Bind 4.9.

>Can you ping ns1.diginsite.com or ns2.diginsite.com from these servers?

Yes, I can ping this server

# ping ns2.diginsite.com.
ns2.diginsite.com is alive

>Do you get correct results if you try to lookup the NS records of the
>mtnamerica.org domain on the servers that fail?

I got

> mtnamerica.org.
Server:  localhost.ptc.com
Address:  127.0.0.1

Non-authoritative answer:
mtnamerica.org  nameserver = NS1.DIGINSITE.COM
mtnamerica.org  nameserver = NS2.DIGINSITE.COM

mtnamerica.org  nameserver = NS1.DIGINSITE.COM
mtnamerica.org  nameserver = NS2.DIGINSITE.COM
NS1.DIGINSITE.COM       internet address = 208.2.188.5
NS2.DIGINSITE.COM       internet address = 208.2.189.5

Barry Margolin, barmar at genuity.net
Genuity, Burlington, MA
*** DON'T SEND TECHNICAL QUESTIONS DIRECTLY TO ME, post
them to newsgroups.
Please DON'T copy followups to me -- I'll assume it wasn't posted to the
group