how to convert 4.x configuration to 8.x ???

M.Ashcraft at epixtech.com M.Ashcraft at epixtech.com
Tue May 16 17:01:36 UTC 2000

First it looks like there is a syntax error near a semi-colon [;]  in your
named.boot file. Possibly a bad comment, Check line1.  In any case moving
to the current V8 is a good thing.

In the bind distribution there is a shell script called named.bootconf.
Others have also reported a perl script but I have not seen it.  Check the
code for details on running it as their are multiple versions out there. As
you are not using default paths you will need to to pass it the source(V4)
file and the destination(V8) file.

Mike

                    "Dirk Nerling"
                    <Dirk.Nerling@        To:     comp-protocols-dns-bind at moderators.isc.org
                    pdv.de.de>            cc:
                    Sent by:              Subject:     how to convert 4.x configuration to 8.x ???
                    news at de.uu.net

                    05/16/00 06:58
                    AM

Hello,

I do have a named (4.x) config with some virtual domains and so on. Now I
have to use bind 8.x. The former (4.x) doesn't work - I get

May 16 14:07:04 pcfx named[1495]: limit files set to fdlimit (1024)
May 16 14:07:04 pcfx named[1495]: /etc/namedb/named.boot:1: syntax error
near ;
May 16 14:07:04 pcfx named[1496]: Ready to answer queries.

Does anybody know an tool to convert my named configuration???
best regards and thanks in advance

Dirk Nerling