bind and win2000 Act. Dir...

Duane Cox dcox at coxnetwork.com
Mon May 15 21:57:48 UTC 2000

Hello

I have used BIND as a dns server forever, but now microsoft has this active
directory stuff out ( of which I am not sure just yet how it works )
but apparently it integrates into dns.. microsofts' dns more less I
assume... In the real world where there is a mixture of NT and UNIX or
LINUX, what is the best way to integrate BIND with win2000 Active Directory,
or is this an issue?  Does anybody have some web sites on
this subject.. There is no way I am going to trash BIND and do the microsoft
DNS thing, so what I am looking for is getting BIND to work with
active directory... So far dynamic update is the only issue... ?

Duane Cox
dcox at coxnetwork.com