problems compiling BIND 8.2.2 p 5

LODHA DEVYANI /IT/CRP LODHAD at ICICI.com
Mon May 15 07:06:08 UTC 2000

Hi !!
I have Linux RH 6.1  which comes with BIND 8.2.1 But from the CERT site I
came to know about the security holes in this version and so decided to
upgrade to 8.2.2. p 5.
After downloading and extracting the files (through  classic winzip) I had
two  things : the Makefile and the src folder.
Then I FTPed these two to my Linux Machine and from the INSTALL file came to
know that I have to give the following commands :

make stdlinks
make clean
make depend
make all
make install

But on giving any of these commands I get an error
For e.g. if I give 'make clean' at the src directory prompt I get an error
which is exactly as :
' , needed by 'clean'. Stop.rget 'FRC

When I gave an option of '-d' with make I came to know that it couldn't find
file 'clean'
PLEASE HELP ! or else I will have no choice but to stick to 8.2.1  and live
with the security holes ...this is a live project .. will be too much of a
risk...
And also please tell me what is FRC ?
Thanks in anticipation,
Devyani.

 Feel the pulse of the stock market on the tip of your finger
Online Investments at http://www.icicidirect.com.