Missing name for "Defalt Server" in nslookup

Steve Figueroa sfiguero at ifsna.com
Sun May 14 16:21:37 UTC 2000

I am not certain if this even matters, but:
When I interactively use nslookup, and point the server to my DNS server
(e.g. "server 10.100.1.1"), all I get for the "default server" is the ip
address (i.e. NOT A NAME).
The outside world sees the valid registered address via NAT translation from
my firewall.

I have two A records in the forward lookup db:
dnsserver.mydomain.com.    IN    A    10.100.1.1
dnsserver.mydomain.com.    IN    A    207.189.3.1 (as an example)

I also have two reverse PTR records  - one in each file for the reverse
domains.

Wether I use nslookup internally or externally, I get the same result.

Can anyone tell me how to resolve this or if I even should try ?

Any help is much appreciated.
Thanks