unapproved update, W2K, bind 8.2.2_P5-9

Robert Vojta penguin at clark.cz
Sun May 14 08:34:23 UTC 2000

Hi,
  I've got this problem and I don't know if I understand very well things
from http://www.nominum.com/resources/bind-faq.html#w2k. We have got
network from several computers where one linux machine is router, second
linux machine is my workstation and others are W2K ;-( Bind is running
on router and I've got a lot of messages like $SUBJ. In this FAQ was something
like: 'we recommend that the Active Directory be a seperate zone'. What
does it mean? I don't know how Active Directory and other stuff from
Windows works. May I put all W2K machines with Active Directory to separate
zone or what? Is active directory on machine something like virtual machine?
May I put all machines expcept mine workstation to separate zone? It looks
like nonsence (all machines to next zone), what may I do with that?

  Best regards,
    Robert Vojta

--

 Robert Vojta                                               \)/ .-.
                                                             /,(o,o)