Silly question of reverse lookup

ACE in hungry wolfdingPPP at hotmail.com
Fri May 12 01:13:25 UTC 2000

I have setup my host, and finally make my domain available through
internet. Today, when I was doodle with my host, I find something that I
can't understand, which is related reverse lookup.

I have set up the reverse lookup table on my NT DNS, and if I use this
dns as my default dns, reverse lookup of the name in my domain goes
well. But if I change my default dns to my ISP's dns, I can't reverse
lookup the name in my domain. I think it is normal because I don't think
my ISP's dns will search my dns and find out what ip is corresponding to
what name.

The question is, what should I do to make reverse lookup of my domain
correct? Should I inform my ISP about the data of reverse lookup? I know
they provide this kind of service, but I am still planning my site, so
it is very possible I will change the name very frequently in the near
future. Could it be possible that my ISP will search my dns when someone
reverse-lookup the ip I booked?

Wolf Ding
Drop ppp to reply