error msgs

Jim Reid jim at rfc1035.com
Wed May 10 08:50:55 UTC 2000

    Grant> Hi, I am receiving the follwing error msgs in my event
    Grant> viewer.

    Grant> unix control "%DESTRUN%/ndc" socket failed: Unknown error

    Grant> ctl_server: socket: Unknown error

    Grant> does anyone know what this might be?

It looks like someone didn't compile BIND correctly. %DESTRUN% should be
converted to an absolute pathname. This is done by an edit script that
runs during the build before anything gets compiled. The error above
presumably happens because there's no directory called %DESTRUN% in
named's working directory, which means it can't create the control
socket with this (incorrect) name.