When this message happens name service times out.

Mark.Andrews at nominum.com Mark.Andrews at nominum.com
Wed May 10 00:51:17 UTC 2000

	Apart from the other causes there is an additional cause. If
	you have set "query-source * port 53;" in options, queries
	directed at interfaces that were not up when named started /
	last scanned the interface table will end up on the query
	socket and not a listening socket.

	Mark

--
Mark Andrews, Nominum Inc.