Resolver API documentation

Jim Reid jim at rfc1035.com
Tue May 9 18:06:40 UTC 2000

    Stephane> Can anyone give me a location where I could find the
    Stephane> documentation of the resolver API ? I can not find
    Stephane> anything useful on my redhad linux machines, nor on my
    Stephane> solaris 7 machines.

    Stephane> I am looking for an explanation of the output produced
    Stephane> by functions like res_search, res_query, ...

Well "man res_search" works just fine for me. Maybe the man pages are
missing from your systems? If they're not installed, you can pick up a
set from the doc tarball for the current BIND release. Bear in mind
that these will describe the API used by the BIND8 resolver which
could be different from the ones provided by Mr. Sun and Mr. Linux.