serial error with zone transfers

Charlie Clemmer cclemmer at cclemmer.net
Thu May 4 15:32:04 UTC 2000

I'm not Michael, but I've seen the same behavior.

On my remote secondary, I get the error message "Err/TO getting serial#
for "domain.com", where domain.com is any and all domains that the
secondary is carrying. According to the URL you listed, this means that
either a router somewhere is consuming traffic to TCP port 53, or this
zone has been deleted from the master.

What's interesting....if I make a change to one of the zone files on the
master, increase the serial number, and restart the server, my
secondaries are notified of the change, and they correctly transfer the
updated zone information. The error message listed above only shows up
some days after the successful zone update.

Charlie