Intermittent Mail Server on dynamic IP

Simon Hogg news at hogg.org
Wed May 3 22:29:21 UTC 2000

What do I need to have mail delivered to my domain, where my actual machine is
on a dial-up line and so only intermittently available?

The domain is currently hosted at freeservers.com but their mail-forwarding
stinks at the moment (i.e. doesn't work) so I want to leave the www pages
there, but add MX records to point the mail somewhere else (but somewhere that
doesn't need money for serving my mail).

Oh, and the dial-up machine is on a dynamic IP (so it changes on dial-up).

I'm looking at dhs.org, but will this work (i.e. will the 'sending' mail
machine keep sending until my machine is on-line, or will all mail just bounce
if I'm not on-line).

I think I know the answers here, but I just need a bit of handholding :-)

--
Simon