New to DNS Winnt4

Andy Shull ashull at synctech.net
Tue May 2 06:56:26 UTC 2000

Here is a template that I pretty much follow for websites

$TTL 86400
domain. IN      SOA     ns1.ifino.net.  ashull.synctech.net. (
                1       ; Serial
                10800   ; Refresh after 3 hours
                3600    ; Retry after 1 hour
                604800  ; Expire after 1 week
                3600 )  ; Minimum TTL of 1 day

domain.                 IN      NS      ns1.ifino.net.
domain.                 IN      NS      ns3.ifino.net.

;
; Host Addresses
;
domain.         IN      A       209.219.26.86

;
; Aliases
;
www.domain.             IN      CNAME   domain.

;
; MX record
;
domain.         IN      MX      10      mail.ifino.net.
domain.         IN      MX      100     mail2.ifino.net.

Just replace the domain, name servers and mail servers with your own (also
the dns master address, the ashull.synctech.net) . We are running bind 8.2.2
currently after a failed attempt to upgrade to 8.2.2 P5. The problem with P5
was that I experienced some name server were not compatible and users would
get host not found as soon as I reverted back to 8.2.2 everything worked
fine. As soon as I get a chance I'm going to recompile P5 and see if there
were some compilation errors that I missed.

Regards,

Andy Shull               ashull at synctech.net
SyncTech.Net         http://www.synctech.net

Voice: 949 487 5475      Pager: 949 488 1795
Fax:   949 487 5475
BioScan®     Environmental Simulator Systems
ifino®Server        Internet Machine Control
SyncTechISP®       Internet Service Provider

* THE INFORMATION TRANSMITTED IS INTENDED   *
* ONLY FOR THE PERSON OR ENTITY TO WHICH    *
* IT IS ADDRESSED AND MAY CONTAIN           *
* CONFIDENTIAL AND/OR PRIVILEGED MATERIAL.  *
* ANY REVIEW, RETRANSMISSION, DISSEMINATION *
* OR OTHER USE OF, OR TAKING OF ANY ACTION  *
* IN RELIANCE UPON, THIS INFORMATION BY     *
* PERSONS OR ENTITIES OTHER THAN THE        *
* INTENDED RECIPIENT IS PROHIBITED. IF YOU  *
* RECEIVED THIS IN ERROR, PLEASE CONTACT    *
* THE SENDER AND DELETE THE MATERIAL FROM   *
* ANY COMPUTER.                             *