BIND Compile on Solaris7/GCC-2.95.2

M.Ashcraft at epixtech.com M.Ashcraft at epixtech.com
Tue Mar 21 21:11:10 UTC 2000

Andy,

I compiled it last week using the exact same combination.  8.2.2.2P5
downloaded  from ISC, gcc 2.95.2 and Solaris 7 with all the latest patches.
I was suprised that I had no problems and all went very smoothly.  I had
the following relevent PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/bin:usr/ccs/bin.

Did you follow the instructions in the file src/INSTALL ?
make clean
make depend
make all
make install

Mike

--
Mike Ashcraft, Sr. Network Engineer
epixtech, inc.
M.Ashcraft at epixtech.com

                    Andy Walden
                    <andy at tigerteam        To:     bind-users at isc.org
                    .net>                  cc:
                    Sent by:               Subject:     BIND Compile on Solaris7/GCC-2.95.2
                    bind-users-boun
                    ce at isc.org

                    03/21/00 01:11
                    PM

I'm trying to compile BIND 8.2.2 patchlevel 5 on Solaris 7 with gcc
version 2.95.2 19991024 installed. I get the following mess of errors. It
looks like a path issue maybe? Thoughts? Thanks for the time.

andy

Many error messages pulled