Question about granitecanyon Public DNS

James Housley jim at thehousleys.net
Tue Mar 21 18:56:49 UTC 2000

Nsert28 wrote:

> I believe their ns1 was down all day yesturday. And today they are working
> on what caused yesturdays outage.
>
> Robert
>
> <bayers at my-deja.com> wrote in message news:8b3h5d$3fo$1 at nnrp1.deja.com...
> > I recently entered in DNS info into the Public DNS at granitecanyon.com
> >
> > I still can't ping teleschool.org.  I can ping its static IP of
> > 209.15.70.8 fine.
> >
> > Here's what I get from nslookup.
> >
> > taurus:/ > nslookup teleschool.org ns1.granitecanyon.com
> > Server:  ns1.granitecanyon.com
> > Address:  205.166.226.38
> >
> > Name:    teleschool.org
> > Address:  209.15.70.8
> >
> > - but -
> >
> > taurus:/ > nslookup teleschool.org
> > Server:  ns.hosting4u.net
> > Address:  209.15.2.3
> >
> > *** ns.hosting4u.net can't find teleschool.org: Non-existent host/domain
> >
> > I have entered in the name servers on domainmonger.com, the company
> > it's registered with.  Does it take time to distribute the info to
> > other servers?  It's been several days now.

http://publicdns.granitecanyon.com/status.shtml

ns1 has been upgraded and patched to deal with some overloading problems
which are manifesting as OS freezes.

ns1 has been having problems since approximately midnight. We're
investigating.

--
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste
    good with ketchup.