internal ips

Cary Wells toxik at v-wave.com
Tue Mar 21 16:29:55 UTC 2000

I am running RH 6.1 and bind 8.2.2-P5.  I am a secondary name server for my
own domain but do not have reverse rights to my ip.  My external ip resolves
to a v-wave.com address.  My domain micro-medic.net works perfectly as does
the rest of the server for my masqd client computers.  My question is I am
trying to make it know what the internal ips are named but i can't do a
lookup on them, I get a no host from nslookup when I do nslookup 192.168.0.4

here is my 192.168.0.db file

@       IN      SOA     ns.micro-medic.net. hostmaster.micro-medic.net. (
                          1998041301 ; Serial, todays date + todays serial
                                8H      ; Refresh
                                2H      ; Retry
                                1W      ; Expire
                                1D)     ; Minimum TTL
                        NS      ns.micro-medic.net.

        1               IN PTR     toxik
        4               IN PTR     smokie
        6               IN PTR     angelic

Now I truely suck at this dns stuff and find it quite difficult to setup but
I don't wanna give up.
The reason I am asking this is because qpopper is giving me errors when
internal machines get their mail from the box like this

Mar 21 09:28:01 toxik qpopper[2544]: (v3.0b34) Unable to get canonical name
of client 192.168.0.4: Unknown host (1)

This may not be a problem but it bugs me and can't find any information on
internal ips anywhere.

Any help would be appreciated
--

Cary Wells