AD and dynamic updates

Cricket Liu cricket at acmebw.com
Sun Mar 19 20:34:57 UTC 2000

> Please, which version of BIND DNS will work with Microsoft's Active
> Directory and dynamic updates?  I read in one place it's version 8.2.1,in
> another place version 8.1.2.  Which is standard and what is in draft at
this
> point in time. Will continue searching RFCs..

BIND 8.1 is the first version that supports dynamic updates.  BIND
has supported SRV records, which Windows 2000 requires, as far
back as 4.9.5.

That said, 8.1 isn't a great version of BIND.  I'd recommend just using
the latest version, 8.2.2-P5.

cricket

Acme Byte & Wire
cricket at acmebw.com
www.acmebw.com

Attend the next Internet Software Consortium/Acme Byte & Wire
DNS and BIND class!  See www.acmebw.com/training.htm for
the schedule and to register for upcoming classes.