how to setup virtual DNS server for hosted domains?

Chris chris at hkseek.com
Sun Mar 19 05:39:38 UTC 2000

Anyone can tell me how to setup virtual DNS server for IP base virtual
hosting. a sample of named.conf, zone file and other necessary config files
is appreciated.

some of the info (example):

real primary DNS server: ns1.dnsserver.com 152.85.101.1 ( on machine A)
real secondary DNS server: ns2.dnsserver.com 152.85.101.2 ( on machine B)
Main domain: dnsserver.com 152.85.101.3 ( on machine C)
Virtual hosted domain: domain.com 152.85.101.4 ( on machine C, using ip
alias)

Usually the domain.com have to use ns1.dnsserver.com and ns2.dnsserver.com
as name server. how can we setup virtual DNS Server ns1.domain.com and
ns1.domain.com as the name server of domain.com without actually purchase to
more machine?

1,000,000 thanks

--

Regards,