Domain without own IP?

Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven asmodai at bart.nl
Sat Mar 18 16:54:59 UTC 2000

-On [20000318 17:35], Pierre Ghaffari (Pierre at Ghaffari.de) wrote:
>Hi,
>
>how must I configure the DNS, if the domain doesn't have an own IP-adress?

You let all domains, or their www entries at least point to your IP
address.

>For example I have a server with one IP and want to host several domains on
>it, which point to different directories.

You then configure something like Apache to do virtual hosting.

That's all it takes.

--
Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven          Network- and systemadministrator
<asmodai at bart.nl>                      VIA NET.WORKS The Netherlands