ndc: error: ctl_client: evConnect(fd 3): Connection refused

Mark.Andrews at nominum.com Mark.Andrews at nominum.com
Thu Mar 16 00:25:54 UTC 2000

> Can anyone tell me why i get this messages. I don't understand what i am
> doing wrong. I have already reinstalled all the bind packages but still no
> go.
> zack
>
>  named status

	"named status"?  "ndc status" maybe.

> ndc: error: ctl_client: evConnect(fd 3): Connection refused
> ndc: error: cannot connect to command channel (/var/run/ndc)
> [root at tux init.d]#

	You will get this if

	1. named is not running.
	2. named did not create the control socket due to syntax errors in
	   named.conf.  Check your logs.
	3. you have told named (via named.conf) to use a different socket.
	   ndc -c /new/path/to/control/socket status

	Mark
--
Mark Andrews, Nominum Inc. / Internet Software Consortium
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark.Andrews at nominum.com