Some question about DNS packet redirection

yylee at dacom.net yylee at dacom.net
Wed Mar 15 10:36:49 UTC 2000

From: 이영윤 4496 at DACOM on 2000-03-15 07:36 PM

To:   bind-users at isc.org
cc:
Subject:  Some question about DNS packet redirection

Hi!

I'm studying DNS server that processes all DNS query packets passing it,
regardless of the destination addresses of the packets.
(Since other DNS servers don't know its existence,
this server is not selected as forwarder by them !!!)

For this study, I will apply proxy-daemon.
    The roles of this proxy-daemon is represented below.
    1. catch all DNS query packets passing DNS server(Layer 4 Switch redirect
DNS packet
     to DNS server without destination address translatioin).
    2. convert destination address of DNS query packet to DNS server's address.
    3. send converted DNS query packet to Named.
    4. convert source addr. of DNS response packet received from Named
       to destination addr. of original query packet.
    5. send DNS response packet.

But, I wonder if Named is worked properly after this change.
And I'd like to know how to get same effect through the change of BIND source
code.

Thank you.