Trying to send external mail to a local sendmail box

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Mon Mar 13 22:31:32 UTC 2000

No MX record exists in the Internet DNS for either somedomain.com or
ion.somedomain.com, so either a) you used a fake domain name (or one that
you *thought* was fake, but actually exists), in which case, how do you
expect anyone to help you troubleshoot this problem?, or b) you messed up
the DNS entry.

Offhand, it looks like the MX records for somedomain.com and/or
ion.somedomain.com may point to non-Internet-reachable addresses, but
without a real domain name, I can't verify anything.

- Kevin