help

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Sat Mar 11 00:05:09 UTC 2000

Y2KNET wrote:

> We are having problem that our customers are having
> cannot telenet some sites. They are getting message
> that "trying to connect from non-FQDN". We have checked
> all our files and checked with INTERNIC could'nt find any
> thing. If we try nslookup from any other site we got message
> of non-authoratative.

Where is that message coming from? From the remote sites? From the
telnet client? From some device in the network path, e.g. a firewall?

If I had to guess, I'd say that the remote sites are complaining about
the lack of reverse mapping for the address from which they see the
telnet requests originating, whether that be a "real" address, a NAT'ed
address, a telnet proxy address, or whatever. Do you have the
appropriate PTR records in place and visible to the Internet?

- Kevin